YOUTH DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
The EPD's Youth Development Program provides an opportunity for young players to grow their individual soccer skills in a professional environment as an introduction to competitive soccer. The emphasis of the program is to introduce young players to the game of soccer in a fun, nurturing, and challenging environment. The Youth Development Program is for all types of soccer players between the ages of 8-12 years old wanting to improve their soccer fundamentals, have fun, keep fit and make new friends.
Training sessions are run by professional staff members who’ve achieved licensing through USSF State or National coaching associations. Our trainers are very passionate about the sport and are trained to conduct age specific sessions to keep the players engaged.
The Youth Development Program is open to all types of soccer players. We provide an opportunity for all levels of youth recreational soccer players to develop through our curriculum and methodology that centers on individual development within a group setting. The main objectives of our program are to provide:
- A specific curriculum that promotes individual skill development across all levels.
- Repetition of basic technical skills that are essential components in the development of players
- Professional trained staff that will lead best practices
- Game related activities that promote players' creativity and application of the skills learned
- Delivering enjoyable and exciting practices that enhance the player's love for the game
- Develop a non-competitive environment that encourages players to flourish while focusing on skill development.
Players will train twice a week during the Fall, Winter, and Spring during which time they will learn the basic fundamental soccer skills in a professional environment.
The program will run for 10 weeks during each season
- LOCATION: Gantry Plaza Park Soccer Field
- ADDRESS: 4630 Center Boulevard, Long Island City, NY 11109 (Between 47th ave and Center Blvd)
- DURATION: Fall Season
- DATES: September 26th to December 9th, 2016
- DAYS: Monday & Wednesday
- TIMES: 4:30pm to 6:00pm
- COST: $