GK Training schedule for JOGA futsal Training Program
Goalkeeping is a specialist position! Outfield players can change and adapt to play in different positions but you do not get goalkeepers chopping and changing position! This is because we believe; the goalkeeper is the most important player in the team! That is why is important that specialist Goalkeeper coaching is available for all keepers! As a result of this believe EPD has design an all Goalkeeper training program.
EPD’s GK training program is a complement to the Goalkeeper club training. We understand the importance for keepers to train with their teams, to help build communication skills with their teammates, it can also assist with the environment to test their distribution and shot stopping!
If a goalkeeper is looking to improve and take his or her game on to the next level, then it is very important they receive specialist goalkeeper coaching! It is always easy to blame a keeper for a goal. If they have not received goalkeeper training then they may not have learned to correct technique required which would have helped save the shot / cross they have conceded from. Our program is designed to teach small techniques and movements that can help any keeper, make saves! Attending goalkeeper coaching sessions also helps build confidence in keepers.
The majority of goalkeeper coaches have all played in goal! When going to goalkeeper training you know you are being coached by somebody who has been there, made them mistakes and knows how not to do it again! I am not saying goalkeepers will never make mistakes it they go to goalkeeper coaching but they will be coached the correct techniques to help cut out errors.
- 8 weeks program, one 90 minute session per week
- Individual sessions consist of many short, challenging activities
- Includes small sides activities with player, replicating the game scenarios
Training uniform, and required equipment:
- We will provide EPD training t-shirts to all participants, as their training uniform. These should be worn at all times.
- Players should wear their Goalkeeper attire of preference
- Turfs, cleats or flat training shoes, and water
- Players will be provided with a soccer ball at every training, they are not required to bring any balls.
EPD is happy to announce it GK Training Spring Program starting SEPTEMBER 24, 2016
- LOCATION: Queens West Sports Field
- DURATION: 8 Sessions
- AGE GROUPS: U9 - U11 & U12 - U13
- DAY: Fridays
- TIME: 5:00 PM to 6:30 PM
- START DATE: September 24, 2016
- ENDDATE: November 12, 2016
- COST: $250
- All players receive an EPD training T-shirt